Friday, December 28, 2018

Wrapped Up Gas Pipe Transplant for Droid #1

Today I finally finished up the work I did to get droid #1's legs closer to the body, by replacing the gas pipes that connect the legs with a slightly shorter set. Time to put Humpty back together again.


But what's this? Somehow a piece of keystock has managed to work itself loose in the drivetrain. That's no good.



I'll shut off the keyway on the axel by hammering it closed just a little bit. That's what I intended to do before, but evidently I didn't do a good enough job.



With that out of the way, I can return to other fun stuff, like fishing the old 75MHz FM antenna down the leg with an unfolded hanger.



I don't use this antenna anymore, but it does serve as a backup to my 2.4GHz radio.



And, done! (Well, I had to reglue an under shoulder detail at the end of the day, but close enough.)




I'm liking the new look. I'm glad after all these years I finally got around to making this change. Hopefully it'll hold up for another 11 years.

No comments: