Thursday, December 06, 2018

Continued Drilling Shoulder Discs

Tonight I continued drilling holes in the new shoulder discs for droid #1, this time for the pipe flanges.

I used a nail to locate the center of the circle, and then centered the flange on the disc. Then I drilled 1/4" holes in the disc, using the flange as a template. I dropped 1/4 bolts in the holes as I went along, to maintain alignment with the holes.



There's an electrical backing plate that helps distribute stress that goes on the other side of the disc, so I needed to drill matching holes into that as well.



Again, I used the flange as a template, and dropped bolts in the new holes for alignment. That also worked out fine.



Next up, drilling a few more holes into one of the plates. Why? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Floppicons said...

This was lovely to read