Wednesday, November 21, 2018

More Gas Pipe Work

Today I was able to finish up the grinding work on the replacement gas pipe for droid #1's legs, in order to get the 3/4" pipe to fit into the 1" pipe.

Sparks! I sure hope those gloves aren't flammable.



After grinding the pipe a bit more, I followed it up with pass with both the rough and smoother sides of the file.



I followed that up with sanding with progressively higher grit sand paper.



And now the 3/4" pipe slides smoothly into the 1" pipe, yea!



Next I need to remove R2's legs and see if the new flanges I bought will fit the old holes that hold them on, on the shoulder discs. If not, I'll use the new discs that I cut recently. But first, R2 has some events to attend to, so that will have to wait a little while.

No comments: