Sunday, April 19, 2015

Star Wars Celebration Anaheim - Day 4

Today was the fourth and final day of Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, one last chance to experience the convention and catch up with friends.

Several of the R2 Builders hadn't seen the Episode VII Prop room yet, so we returned right before it opened for the day. I was told the line got up to four hours long at times on previous days! The line was already getting long, and the show hadn't yet opened to the public!



This guy has a little more devotion to R2 than I do. At least the dome doesn't have blinking lights.



In case you didn't know, it appears BB-8 (or one of his brethren) is copiloting an X-wing.



I headed downstairs, where two protocol droids had joined the Sandcrawler photo op area. Neat!



Michael McMaster needed to bring Chopper upstairs. When the freight elevator opened, who should be standing there but none other than Clone Wars and Rebels Director Dave Filoni!



Chopper gave yet another interview, as Michael got some Chopper artwork.




You could tell the day was starting to wind down when the Cincinnati crew were packing up their droids a bit early.



Brian Mix built R1-G4. I am not aware of another one of these on the face of the earth. (Tatooine, maybe.) I loved this thing. Mike Senna and I helped Brian out of it, as he quickly learned he needs to add some ventilation if anyone ever wants to get in there again.



At 5:00pm, our doors closed for the last time. I actually told the very last person that walked in that they were it.



I had fellow club member and Episode VII R2 Builder Oliver Steeples autograph R2's back door.



I headed downstairs to attempt to assist with the Sandcrawler teardown (I didn't end up helping at all), and also took a look at other goings-on.



I guess this is what the rest of Roxy the Rancor looked like after that big door slammed down on her head in Return of the Jedi.



They still don't serve their kind.



The Cantina crew got a group picture.



And finally, time to go.




I had a great time all four days. It was great to connect with both old friends and new, and to experience so much great Star Wars stuff. I'm really looking forward to the new movie, and whatever new adventures may lead up to it. And I look forward to seeing everyone again.

The full photoset is here.

No comments: