Friday, June 27, 2014

Painted Styrene, Tested Arduino Uno in Droid for Utility Arm Mystery Project

Lots of progress this evening on the utility arm mystery project.

I finally was able to prime and paint the styrene glove.

First I used Rustoleum white primer.



That was followed by some of my dwindling supply of Rustoleum Metallic Purple.



Then, Duplicolor Anodized Blue.



I followed that with a clearcoat, that looks pretty darn similar. As I let that dry for a day or two, I returned to the Arduino effort.

I soldered the wire I cut from the power adapter the other night to a monophonic audio plug. This way I can connect the Arduino power to the plug I usually used for the solenoid for the mist effect, and turn off and on the Arduino board with switch #14 on my Keycoder on my transmitter.



I then loosely hooked things up to test on the droid.



I iteratively adjusted the speed, start and stop positions of the arm.



I pretty much got it working the way I want, where the arm waves back and forth slowly, and it alternates at two different slow speeds. I may make some minor tweaks, but so far so good.

I will post some video of this in action soon. Either way, the mystery will be revealed shortly. As if anyone is reading this and cares.

5 comments:

SDGlyph said...

Reading, caring. Just so you know. :)

Victor Franco said...

Thanks! In that case I'd better get my act together.

alanrw said...

My guess is the Miss America parade wave?

Victor Franco said...

Very close guess.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with BCVC and get money from every visit to your shortened links.