Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pearson's Birthday Party

My friend Peter, who I've known since college and then worked with for many years, and his wife Effie, who owned the Droidmobile before I bought it from them, were celebrating their son Pearson's sixth birthday Star Wars-style. Many months ago they asked if I could bring R2, and I was more than happy to do so. They also invited Rob, Michelle and Andrew from the Saber Guild out, and they made a nice charitable donation in return for the Saber Guild's appearance.



Effie put together 40 Jedi outfits, and made lightsabers out of pool noodles. Nothing like seeing a bunch of kids whaling on each other non-stop for 45 minutes.



Master Argus lead the kids through the basic Jedi lightsaber moves.



Not long thereafter, Sith Assassin Darth Draven showed up to challenge Master Argus to a battle.



Master Argus won that round, but the challenge wasn't over yet, as Darth Vader appeared.



Eventually, with help from the kids in the form of a Force-push, Vader was defeated. Afterward, the kids got to line up for pictures with the characters.



And of course they got to have a picture with R2 as well.



Pearson blew out the candles on a successful night. Fun stuff.



Five events in four days. I think R2 and I can use a little break right about now.

No comments: