Sunday, April 04, 2010

Cut and Glued Curved Part for Second Outer Foot Shell, Glued Door Side Strip and Panels

Today I continued working the second outer foot shell.

I set up my quarter-section-pipe-holding jig like I did for the first foot shell.



Then I got to choppin'.



After some iterative cutting, the quarter section of pipe fits into place. I actually cut a just the pipe slightly too short. I mention this to show how to salvage such mistakes.



It's a good idea to hold onto your scraps, you never know when you'll need them. In this case, a very thin cross section of the pipe can be glued onto the end of the pipe, to help fix the problem of cutting it slightly too short.



Some PVC glue holds it in place.



Once that had dried, I applied PVC glue to the quarter section of pipe, and glued it onto the foot shell.




While that was drying, and after a reasonably strong earthquake rolled through the area, I glued the side pieces and strip into place on the door.




I wrapped up by gluing in the part that goes at the bottom of the curved part of the foot shell.



Light pressure from the clamps help keep the part in place as the glue dries overnight.

No comments: