Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finished Gluing Skirt Styrene, Finished Mystery Holder

Some CA glue I ordered from Aircraft Spruce arrived this week, so I was finally able to finish gluing the curved styrene part of the skirt.



The tape can finally come off, it's holding fast.



Next, I returned to work on my little mystery project.

Mystery objects are usually built out of cut up Cheerios boxes.



I took a couple of layers, glued them back to back, and glued the two portions of dowel that I cut yesterday to them.



Finally, I painted the whole thing a neutral flat white.



Once the paint had dried, I did a test-fit on the droid.



Yup, it sure looks like it's going to hold something.

3 comments:

Britfest said...

Let me guess, it is for a pillow that is going to hold a wedding ring for the couple that you helped with their engagement?

Victor Franco said...

We have a winner!!

-Victor

Britfest said...

Well I try LOL.

I hope all goes well at the wedding.
What a great service to some very nice happy looking people.