Thursday, February 26, 2009

Started Gluing Tape-Ease Cylinder to Center Ankle

Time to break out the blueprints and start gluing down the curved part of the center ankles, using the Tape-Ease cylinder I've been working with lately.



As you may have noticed, things have been going slowly with droid #2 lately, so I'll do what I do best, and make something that any 4-year old could do look like rocket science.

First, I measured and marked where the top of the curved part of the ankle should go on the center leg. My center leg is cut long, so I don't have a natural alignment boundary.




Time to apply my trusty Elmer's wood glue and glue the part down. Moist paper towels are at the ready to clean up oozing glue.




The curved part is a tiny fraction of an inch narrower than the leg beneath it, but once everything is the same color, it will not be noticeable. It's not noticeable anyway, because almost all of this area of the center leg goes up into the droid's body, plus the ankle cylinders cover a portion of it. Still, I may apply a very tiny amount of Evercoat to fill in any gaps.



This will dry overnight, and I should be able to glue down the other side tomorrow.

No comments: