Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fanboys Premiere

Tonight R2 and I attended the premiere of the movie Fanboys, in Beverly Hills, CA. Chris Romines brought R2-A1, Mike Senna joined as wrangler, and Vince Sanchez was invited to bring R5-D4, but his droid was experiencing mechanical difficulties and couldn't make it. Both Chris' and Vince's droids are in the film.

Along with some of the 501st and Rebel Legion, the droids entertained the crowd and provided atmosphere during the many TV interviews with the cast and crew.





The screening took place after the press interviews. Because the seating was very limited, we weren't able to see the movie, so we grabbed dinner during the show and returned for the after-party. We took pictures with various cast and crew as the opportunity arose. The flash tends to wash out my PSIs, but they looked okay in reality.

Kristen Bell. After the picture, she shook my hand and said, "I'm Kristen, by the way." It was hard not to laugh at the thought of not knowing who she was, as I thanked her and introduced myself.



Senna with Selma Blair.



And Selma with R2. This was completely unprompted.



Director Kyle Newman with me, Chris Romines and Mike Senna. I think by this point Kyle had had a long day.



Kyle Newman's wife, actress Jamie King. I don't know how I ended up in all these, usually I stay out of the pics.



More pics here.

Fun stuff!

1 comment:

jy4talk said...

Really cool that you have opportunities such as this. Sharing your excitement in all this! Go R2!