Saturday, October 18, 2008

More Sanding of Horseshoes & Ankles

Back from a six-day business trip, I had a chance to do a little work on the shoulders and curved ankles.

I picked up where I left off, and started sanding the horseshoes, beginning with 150-grit sand paper, to knock down the high spots.



That was followed by a round of sanding with 400-grit sand paper, which is my finish-sanding step.



The edges on the horseshoes are very smooth, I think they are done. The front faces may need a bit of work still, due to the alignment dowels. We'll see. As for the curved ankles, I'll spray some primer on them and see how they look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to ask Matthew about digging out those dowels. I have "buttons" in my paint on my shoulders. They didn't go away even though I covered them with evercoat and 492 cans of primer !

Russell

Victor Franco said...

Right you are Russell. I think you or someone mentioned drilling a hole larger than 1/2" and then feather filling/sanding.

-Victor