Thursday, April 10, 2008

Skin Panel Primer

Today I applied gray primer to all the skin panels that are painted white.

First, I needed to wipe down the non-framed panels with acetone to clean them up.



I split the job into two sets of two. I use gray primer under white paint because it's easier to tell when full paint coverage has been attained.



The first set of parts got its two coats of gray primer.




After the first two sets of parts had dried sufficiently, I did the next two sets.



Both front and back are ready for light sanding, followed by painting.



As with droid #1, I'm leaving one of the back panels unpainted, to match some of the shots in Episode IV.



Hopefully I can paint the panels this weekend. The weather is supposed to be warm here in Southern California (at least mid-80s).

No comments: