Saturday, October 27, 2007

Finished Painting Dome Panels

I went over to Mike's today to finish painting the panels for dome #2 (and to help with some unscheduled wireless network administration).

I started off applying the purple layer to the first set of panels.



It didn't take long for us to see that my technique probably wasn't going to lead to the best looking paint job possible, which is the whole point of painting this second set of panels. So I handed the spray cans over to Mike, and he was able to apply his painting expertise.



The goal is to have nice, shiny panels.



The blue layer is also nice and shiny.



And the clearcoat finishes the job.



Like the last batch, these panels will stay at Mike's to dry. I plan to pick up the panels next weekend, and then I'll need to start prying the current panels off of R2's dome and replace them with these.

Thanks yet again Mike!

No comments: