Friday, March 30, 2007

More Center Foot Work, Started Working on Drivetrain Chain

Tonight I continued where I left off on the center foot.

I trimmed the channel sides a little lower.



I started working on the layer that the casters will attach to.



I cut a pair of 1/2" pieces of plywood to size, and glued them together. These will be trimmed to match the angled profile of the foot shell.




Finally, I wrapped up with an attempt to separate the chain so that I can get pieces of the correct length. My chain tool turned out to be a piece of junk, so all I did was make an oily mess. I found a better chain tool in my bag of tricks, so I may be able to continue working on this without having to go out and buy one.



Saturday: The California Science Center Star Wars exhibit, featuring... R2 Builders!

No comments: