Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Installed Drivetrain Bushings, Filed Foot Shell Channels to Match Drivetrain Depth, Dremeled Drivetrain

Some bushings that I ordered from McMaster-Carr arrived today. These are the 1/2"->3/8" reducers that I need for the ankle bolts. I lightly tapped them in with a hammer, and now they have a nice, snug fit.



Next, I filed the bottom of the channel slots in the outer PVC foot shells to match the depth of the drivetrain. When I first filed these down, I intentionally left a little bit of slop on them, until the drivetrain was ready. Tonight I finished the job.



I found that I will need to widen the channel gap on the right foot shell about 1/16". The tip of the ankle isn't quite fitting through.

I also had to hack on the drivetrain itself tonight with the Dremel. The door frames slightly touched the drivetrain from the inside, so I removed a small amount of material to resolve that.

1 comment:

Calvin Thomas said...

Victor,
On the foot channels, The center hole for the Ankle bolt I assume the measurements from Heath's blueprints will work for any foot channel?
I searched through everything I could find on the foot channel and the only thing I could find was Heath's.
Do you have anyother prints?
Calvin