Monday, October 09, 2006

Foil Tape for Pocket Vents

Tonight I cut some 3.5" x 11/16" strips of foil tape to hide the machining markings at the back of the pocket vents. It took me a few tries to get the strips of tape the right size, and with as few wrinkles as possible. Again, I could have used a kindergartner's help cutting along the lines. I lightly sanded the foil tape with 400 grit sandpaper, to better match the look of the aluminum vents.



Although I wasn't able to get the tape to lay down 100% wrinkle-free, I prefer this look over the machine marks that were visible in yesterday's photo. (I wonder if I could have safely sanded those marks out, without marring other surfaces? Oh well, it's moot now.)


1 comment:

Calvin Thomas said...

Thank you, Thank you!!!!
You don't know how much that drawing means to me!!
Thats what has been keeping me from bonding my domes together.
Now I'll order my hinges from Gulden and get them drilled.
I'll be able to finally see my dome with all the panels mounted.
Thank you for the comment on my paint, Thats the Royal Blue I found to be the same as Krider's blue. But its much easier to paint.
Calvin