Saturday, September 16, 2006

More Dome Electronic Work

More of the same, with today's focus on the PSIs.

I bought some new connectors from Fry's today. These ones had wires already in them, so they are much more reliable. With them I'll be able to disconnect subsections of the dome electronics independently of the rest.

I got the yellow/green PSI connected, but I inadvertently snapped a solder joint on the PSI PCB for the red/blue PSI, so I need to fix that tomorrow.

In the saga of reattaching the front logic dome panel, believe it or not, the JB Weld did not hold the front logic panel in place on the dome, even after curing overnight. I can only attribute that to trace amounts of silicone or other contaminants on the surface of the dome and/or panel. So I sanded, cleaned with acetone, wiped down, and I am giving another go with silicone. This is an endless loop...

No comments: