Saturday, June 17, 2006

Painted Utility Arms, Cut Shoulder Hub Template

Today I painted the utility arms. I enjoyed it so much, I painted them twice. The first time I dropped them on the lawn. D'oh!! After a soaking in acetone and a cleaning, I repainted them later in the day.

I also cut out my MDF template for routing the shoulder hub holes to size in the legs (I still need to do the rough-cut in the legs first). The hub fits snugly in the template, just the way I want it. I will nail the template to the leg, and use a flush-cut bit to finish the shoulder hub hole in the leg after I have rough-cut it.

It actually took me three tries to get the hole the perfect size (twice I went a hair too wide on the radius), but I had anticipated that on this template.

No comments: