Thursday, March 02, 2006

Cut Out Top of Outer Dome

I cut out the top large circle of the outer dome to see if perhaps it was riding too low, but apparently that was not the case. The circle cutout rim that remains on the outer dome still hovers a little bit over the inner dome, and I'm really not sure what to do about it. I posted to the board tonight to see if anyone has any ideas.

Perhaps I should just cut the inner dome in half (parallel to the bottom of the dome) about midway up, but I'm not sure that will even solve this problem. Another option is to just bend the ribs that separate the pie panels inward a bit, so that they rest on the inner dome, but I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it.

So I'm really not sure what to do yet, but I'm sure this will be resolved somehow sooner or later.


No comments: