Thursday, December 12, 2013

Radiothon Benefiting the Homeless and Hungry

For the second time in less than a week, I woke up before 4:30am to have R2 help with a benefit for those in need. Today, it was a Radiothon for local radio station KFI, as they raised funds and collected food for Caterina's Club. Caterina's Club is an organization that provides 300 nutritious meals every night, and helps families in transient living situations establish a more stable residence. The event was held at the White House restaurant, in Anaheim, CA.

This is what 5:30am looks like in Anaheim, CA. Very similar to what 6:00am looked like in Valencia the other day.



R2 and I were joined by Saber Guild members Rob Estrada, Michele Headley, Sal & Liz Perales and Andrew Wood. They brought 500 pounds(!) of pasta and sauce to donate toward the cause.



We were there to help promote the benefit broadcast. Talk show host Bill Handel repeatedly mentioned to the listeners to come on down to donate and meet the characters. I especially appreciated it when he said my R2 was "absolutely perfect" on the air. :)



Many folks (guessing mostly retirees) sat in on the broadcast in a large banquet room.



R2 got some love from Miss California 2012, Leah Cecil.




Newsman Gary Hoffmann had some fun dancing with R2 and the characters.




After the show we took a few pictures with host Bill Handel, and then I had to get my butt in to work.



My next event on the schedule has a start time of 2:00pm. I think I'll sleep until noon that day.

The full photoset is here.

No comments: